Mock Interview Reflection


1. How do you feel the interview went overall?
     I feel like the interview went well overall.  It felt more like a conversation than it did an interview.  

2. How did you prepare for the interview?
     I read through a few articles about regularly asked questions in interviews.  I also took some time to review my resume and my cover letter.  Lastly, I read about the company and the types of clients they treat.

3. What went differently than you expected?
     One aspect of the interview that I did not expect is to be asked what the hardest part of my fieldwork has been so far.  This question threw me for a loop and I think this is an area I could reflect more on my fieldworks.  

4. What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you'll do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)?
     I think I would look up questions that are typically asked in occupational therapy interviews and the best way to respond to them.  Also, I would try to think of specific examples or stories for those types of questions. 

5. What's something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you are you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner?
     The interviewer gave great advice about asking people in the therapy community what kind of questions they got asked in interviews and what they look for in potential new employees.  Also, this experience made me realize that interviews are not as nerve-wracking as I make them out to be. 


Comments

Popular Posts