Media Project: Cereal Box

For my media project, I had a cereal box and a client with transverse myelitis.  One goal the client would like to do it have more independence in his grooming tasks.  With this goal in mind, I decided that it would be best for my client to have toiletry box made from a cereal box with handles on it so he is able to reach it.  As I was doing my project I learned a lot about my client's diagnosis and how you can use everyday household items for adaptive equipment.  Also, one of my biggest takeaways from this was the importance of staying client-centered when planning activities or making adaptive equipment for a client.  Before this project, I did not know what transverse myelitis was, so I learned a lot about the diagnosis.  Also, I learned how to make poster through powerpoint.  I also realized the significance of making a product that allows your client to be more independent in functional tasks.  This project grew my OT thinking and will help me with future clients.  It made me think out of the box for how to help my patient with a functional task.  This project made me grow in my creativity with household items.  The project is the most OT type of project we have had and will help me to know how to think about creating future interventions with clients.



Comments

Popular Posts