Neuro Note 4: Multiple Sclerosis

I chose to read the "My Conscious Decision" by MamaJama.  It is a blog where people can discuss their MS stories.  The woman who wrote this blog was diagnosed with MS when she was 34, which was about an 11 years ago.  During the blog, she discusses her symptoms and how it affected her.  After reading this blog, it depicted how a client may feel as they are being diagnosed and their symptoms increase.  I enjoyed how she discussed how her doctor described the diagnosis.  It was interesting to me that the doctor's main comment to her was that they are unaware of a cause or a cure.  I think that would give the client a negative outlook on their diagnosis.  I was interested to learn about MS since it is so unpredictable in the stages and symptoms.  I feel as though this blog really depicted the harsh reality of how sudden the symptoms can come on and how they can affect the person.  Also, I would recommend this article to people wanting to learn about a person's personal experience with the disease.  This blog made me realize how significant it is to know how to communicate with a client with MS along with how the symptoms can come on at any time and go away for a while. 





MamaJama. (2018, May 31). My Conscious Decision. Retrieved June 12, 2018, from https://multiplesclerosis.net/stories/my-conscious-decision/

Comments

Popular Posts